This high-flow cat is direct replacement for the OEM catalytic converter in the B5 A4/Passat 1.8T. It is constructed from mandrel bent 3" stainless steel piping and a 400 cell metal catalytic converter TIG welded to CNC waterjet cut flanges. Oxygen sensor bungs are welded in OEM locations. Gaskets & hardware included.
- CNC mandrel bent 304 stainless steel tubing
- CNC waterjet cut 304 stainless steel flanges
- 409 stainless steel 400/cell metal catalytic converter
- TIG welded construction
- OEM multi-layer gaskets
- Stainless steel hardware & copper coated locking nuts
Every 42 Draft Designs exhaust system is scratch-built from straight tube and flat steel. Our team of professional metal fabricators cut, bend and form raw materials with precision. Piping is mandrel bent in-house using our Baleigh CNC mandrel bender. Flanges and brackets to fit each system are cut on our OMAX waterjet. Additional forming takes place using our Huth end forming equipment and our Dake 100 ton press. We use ONLY the finest North American made materials proven to stand the test of time.
Every component of each individual exhaust system is treated to a precision assembly and test fixture. These fixtures allow our fabrication staff to accurately build, weld, and test each assembly. Nothing's worse than a product that doesn't fit; so we work smart to ensure every system fits like the first.
After assembly each exhaust system is TIG welded by our team of professional welders. Our welders take their time, preparing, welding and inspecting each joint with care. From raw material to final welding we never rush, cut corners, or take shortcuts.
Due to the exacting nature of our fabrication process it's normal for your exhaust system to require a few days of fabrication before shipping. Many of our systems are in stock; however it would be impossible for us to stock our entire exhaust system lineup. In the past 10 years we've found that our customers are more than willing to wait a few extra days - especially for a complete system that's built to last.
Throughout our exhaust systems we use the highest quality American made materials. Our piping is shipped directly from the mill, wrapped in a crate to prevent dents and scratches. We use heavy gauge aluminized steel and stainless steel tubing designed specifically for mandrel bending. Flanges, brackets and hangers are cut from cold roll steel. (Hot roll steel is more economical, but we're willing to pay more for clean, flat steel free of scale and glaze.)
In the end, our attention to detail and demanding material choices increase the retail price of our exhaust systems. When compared side-by-side with the competition our products always stand out. We use better materials that are proven to stand the test of time. We put more time and more care into each of our exhaust systems than anyone in the business. Quality, performance, fitment accuracy, and your satisfaction are standard features of all 42 Draft Designs exhaust systems.
This Test Pipe Fits:
- Professional installation is highly recommended.
- 1996-2001 Audi A4 B5 1.8T
- 1998-2005 VW Passat B5/B5.5 1.8T
- This product is equipped with a 48 state legal Magnaflow catalytic converter.
- Emissions laws vary by state. Check local and federal laws before modifying your exhaust system.
- Emissions compliance is the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
- This modification may cause 'catalyst below efficiency' fault code and Check Engine Light (CEL) / Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) to illuminate.