NPT plugs are used throughout our product line to plug bungs and ports of many types. We offer our plugs individually for custom applications. Our NPT plugs are available in two sizes and two unique materials. When ordering, be sure to select the size and material that best suits your application.
- 1/8" NPT plugs are externally threaded 1/8"-27 with a taper pipe thread 5/16" long. They use 3/16" hex wrench.
- 1/4" NPT plugs are externally threaded 1/4"-18 with a tapered pipe thread 7/16" long. They use a 1/4" hex wrench.
Steel Plugs are made from alloy steel with a black oxide coating. We recommend steel plugs be used in exhaust applications where heat is extreme. We recommend the use of anti-seize compound when installing a NPT plug in an exhaust port.
Stainless Steel Plugs are machined from 303 stainless steel. We recommend stainless plugs to be used in coolant and intake applications where corrosion is an issue. These plugs will not rust. We recommend the use of Teflon tape when installing a NPT plug in a coolant or air intake port.
- Steel plugs are used to plug EGT ports. We provide 1/4" NPT EGT ports on our downpipes, but 1/8" is also a common aftermarket EGT probe size. We DO NOT recommend the use of stainless steel plugs on exhaust systems.
- 1/8" NPT stainless plugs are used in our Vacuum Manifolds, Mk5 PCV Plug & Tap, Oil Pressure Relocation Kits, Water Temperature Adapters & more.
- 1/4" NPT stainless plugs are used on our Oil Catch Cans, VR6 coolant pipes & more.